Thursday, November 02, 2006

Finished off lesson five

Yes, it's in the mail. The fifth design lesson is history and I've learned a lot. Failed to comprehend a lot, too. It's all stitched, pictures are on the card and I can't find the gizmo to plug into the computer to get images edited and posted. A most challenging stitch for me. Usually, I love geometrical florals. But the design class keeps pushing me out of my comfort zone. I stitched a teacup and jar of honey sitting on a tablecloth with pitcher on a side table behind and a curtained window behind that. No, I've not gone into realism. It's stylized and there is an invisible hand pouring the last drop from the creamer into the cup. Now I can hardly wait to see what is in the next lesson.

Sharon B's stitch library class starts today; the perfect thing to cover the wait. I keep going further and further from my comfort zone. However, I prefer to think of it as extending my comfort zone. How far may one extend one's comfort zone? Is that a good choice? Or is there something to be said for keeping a smaller comfort zone and possibly going deeper in that one area? Am I wandering or is this a purposeful exploration?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home