Sunday, November 12, 2006

Queen stitch


I was reading through SharonB's notes on lesson 2 Thursday evening. It reminded me of variations I'd tried to make with the queen stitch when I first learned about specialty stitches. At that time I'd never heard of the fly stitch. Now, I think of the essence of the queen stitch as a specific arrangement of the fly stitch. I'm sure I may learn more about it as time goes by. I've put up a few pictures as a reminder of those explorations with this fascinating stitch. I've two samplers full of the attempts!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Grangry said...

Thank you for these. Show us the lot!!**

1:28 PM  
Blogger elizabethdee said...

How beautiful! I'd love to see more too, please.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ladies, glad you enjoyed these queen stitch samples. I will probably post bits and pieces of these from time to time. For instance on days like to day when it's raining and I can't take pictures of the current things. I'm not advanced enough in photography to take clear pictures of stitch work inside. Thank you for your interest.

Elizabeth

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home