Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Trouble with a feather...












...with a feather stitch, that is. I had fun playing after a while. It just took time getting from frustration to fun. I still had problems turning the corners as you can see. Thankfully, this stitch is one from SharonB's class on a stitch library. I'm hoping to see some good solutions as classmates keep posting their work. The tall picture is an attempt at hollyhocks, one of my favorite flowers. Too many beads in the second section for my taste but I was too tired of ripping out to tackle any more. Well, there are numerous other problems with that section of the sampler, but sometimes I like to leave my mistakes as reminders of something I've tried, but couldn't accomplish. When I come back to it in a few months or a year or so and find I am able to work the idea out--what an encouragement it is!

I can finally post a link to SharonB's blog for those who may read this and aren't familiar with it. It is http://inaminuteago.com/blog/index.php Thanks to Linda for helping me with instructions on making links in these posts! Sharon's website and stitch dictionary are worth checking out, too. Links are at the top right corner of the blog.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home