Friday, December 08, 2006

Twisted flys and Inside out chevrons





Still working with the felt to see what I can do on it. Enjoyed doing a twisted fly and feather (inner three lines at the lower right) and the inside out chevrons (two rows outermost upper right). I'm not sure what the name are for these stitches; these are names I use to help me remember what I did. There are four slipped cable chain rows at the lower left. The first has the slip done on top and twisted at the loop before fastening. Then I put a French knot on each side. The second has detached chain stitch on each side, the third one is beaded and the lower chain is laced with a stitch added in the middle and some extra loops on the bottom.
I finished reading SharonB's sixth lesson. The text and the visuals are wonderfully inspiring. It is making it so hard to pull away for a few days and concentrate on my design class. But, of course, once I get working on that I will be just as happy there. Now to work on bringing the two together seamlessly!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This sampler is very pretty.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

This is turning out beautifully.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home