Saturday, December 02, 2006

More on density


SharonB's lesson 4 has me thinking about density. On this 4x6 I learned new variations of the buttonhole and Cretan stitch, made a long-tailed French knot and tried the cloud stitch. All aimed toward the use of density in embroidery. By the time I was finishing up I was also striving to consider a way to convey distance and what part density has to play in that. These two considerations have forced me to think about the color, luster and thickness of the threads I use.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo in NZ said...

This is just wonderful Elizabeth. I feel like I am looking down on a potagers garden. You have done amazing stuff with perspective and density.
REALLY good job.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree. The diminishing stitches and shape of the curved line at the top are very effective.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home