Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cable chain stitch


Yes, my attempts at this stitch are limited to a very small area! And can I read and follow directions? Not well. Lines 1-3 and 5 (left to right) are before I discovered that page 22 of SharonB's lesson three presented a very different stitch than I saw on my fabric. I sure did get good laugh and the right way is certainly easier. The last line is composed of two cable chains in blue and I tried to lace them together with peach. Everything else probably plain from the photo. I really enjoyed this stitch once I learned how to put it together. Just wish I had more time to stitch but my design class is calling. I have a ways to go before I can begin stitching for it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger elizabethdee said...

Your last line, with the two cable chains laced with peach, is especially striking. It looks almost knitted.
May I ask what the very thick blue fiber is? Thank you.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Elizabeth, the very thick blue fiber is a 3 ply pima cotton from Caron's Watercolors line. And yes I used all 3 plys on this! Other places in previous lessons I've used only 1 or 2 plys--much more typical for work on linen.

11:26 AM  
Blogger elizabethdee said...

oh dear, I thought I'd thanked you! I laughed as i read your reply, which I'd expected to name some fabulous Brazilian embroidery specialty fiber or some such, because I had Watercolors sitting right in front of me the whole time. I stole your idea and used two plies on the lesson four sampler. Your work is so stunning.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home