Monday, November 13, 2006

SharonB's lesson 2

This is some of the lesson 2 work with many thanks to Shay for all the wonderful new threads that I've been using here. She sent me a lovely packet of threads, ribbons, trims. She really loaded me up with such a variety in thread thickness and shine that I've been like a kid and getting into everything. Another result of Shay's generosity is that I've been having several "first time to use" experiences.

I've never done work with ribbons; if ribbons were used it was for finishing not stitching. I found that I enjoyed working with ribbons for the french knots. I tried them for the berry and crown stitches, too. I'm not sure if I have the tension right. I would welcome any suggestion about that.

I'd never noticed rayon threads before. I love the shine. However, I found that I need practice before I have any skill with them. I think all that I managed to do on this tiny sampler was to thread them through the rows of moss stitching. I've been practicing on another page for points and shapes. I'm not sure if I will be posting that or not. It is still such a mess. There are a grand total of 3 rayon flowers I've not ripped out!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

VEry pretty! Love the ribbons. :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love the way you did this, with the words naming them right in stitching, too. It looks very artistic, and who says a sampler shouldn't also be a work of art?

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home