Friday, November 17, 2006

More on Lesson 2 for SharonB's class



After stitching on the points page for lesson 2 last evening, it was so encouraging to wake up this morning to Jo's advice to not rip and keep going. Thank you, Jo! I turned the ribbon at the top and filled in more and switched the flowers to the other side of the ribbon at the bottom of the page. I'm not sure if it is done yet, time will tell. After playing around editing the picture, I think I need to fill in still more. Sorry the picture is poor--a rainy day here in the central valley of California. I need to hide some heavy thread lines, too.

I read lesson 3 last night, too. It is such a full lesson Sharon delivers every time! I'm so thankful that I decided to try and move away from the strict grid that counted thread had keep me on and take this class as a means to that end. I've tried to do some of that "off grid" work in every lesson. The lines in lesson 3 may be the toughest for me to break away on so far. I am glad that Sharon's lesson showed examples of "off grid" work. I might have to think about it for a while longer and reread the notes or I may just have to plunge in and start practicing.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

It looks right and nicely balanced now. I'm glad you didn't rip more.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home