Monday, November 20, 2006

Just getting started on SharonB's PSL Lesson 3


Sorry for the bad picture; still gray here. I did make a reflector by covering some foam board with aluminum foil. It provided a great deal more light. But then I had trouble avoiding shadows and all sorts of other things.

This is very much just the initial stage on the herringbone stitch. I wanted to try this stitch on a curved line. Several things caught my attention and I want to try in a more formal version. For instance, the two small herringbones over each edge of the larger one with the beaded center. In the open top area I want to try turning some corners. However, I have to balance my time so carefully with my design lesson and go on immediately to some of the various chain stitch lines. I've always resisted this stitch, but Sharon's examples make me want to conquer it. I'm thankful for two days off work this week. Of course, some of it will be filled with Thanksgiving activities, but I hope to put a significant dent in all the stitching I want to do, too.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo in NZ said...

Beautiful example Elizabeth. I love the perspective you have created with everything radiating out from the centre, and the change in height/width of the stitches.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home