Thursday, November 23, 2006

Lines and a flower

I've had fun stitching in between design class work! No fun with photography, however! Great notes on lesson 4. Thank you so much SharonB! I might be a year or two in putting everything into practice---no, I think I should revise that---may I never get done experimenting with the concepts you have been writing about. I do hope by practice to gain more skill with them.

I was impressed by the diligent way that Sharon has gone about her own study. It is evident in many ways in this latest lesson. I know that many are reading these notes along with me. I'm enriched and learn from watching my classmates use these stitches and concept, too. Thanks to you all!




Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Grangry said...

Elizabeth, I love the movement you got in the top sample!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Lil said...

Wow- beautiful!

12:14 AM  
Blogger elizabethdee said...

You've just cast a wholly new light on herringbone (for me, at least), and is it ever beautiful! I never knew the herringbone stitch could be so organic and pliant and playful. I love it!

4:13 AM  
Blogger Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

Absolutely fabulous!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I agree with all of the above. Also love your colors!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home