Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A finish to this page?


This page is hopefully done except for triming the edges and stitching it into the book binding. It basically finishes lesson 3 and goes into lesson 4 of SharonB's library class. Lesson 4 concerned a number of stitches that were new to me along with information about texture and density. I began to experiment with that in this piece. Since the previous posts on this I've added crested chain stitches in 5, 8 and 12 perle cotton at the lower right quarter and a variety of buttonhole stitches. The rest of the stitches are those that came to mind while trying to vary texture and density. I still have a few more of those buttonhole stitches I want to learn. So I hope there will be a second page for lesson 4.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger elizabethdee said...

I came rushing to your blog when I read your post in the class forum -- I couldn't wait to see what you'd done. This is simply beautiful. And not just beautiful, it's stimulating. Your work directs my eye and makes me think. Very inspiring -- I feel grateful to have seen it.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home